Monday, April 25, 2011

" I am the Mother of God of Priests"

Picture source

From the Diary of St Faustina: Divine Mercy in my Soul:

A vision of the Mother of God. In the midst of a great brilliance, I saw the Mother of God clothed in a white gown, girt about with a golden cincture; and there were tiny stars, also of gold, over the whole garment, and chevron-shaped sleeves lined with gold. Her cloak was sky-blue, lightly thrown over the shoulders. A transparent veil was delicately drawn over her head, while her flowing hair was set off beautifully by a golden crown which terminated in little crosses. On Her left arm, She held the Child Jesus. ..She ..said, I am the Mother of God of Priests. At that, She lowered Jesus from Her arm to the ground, raised Her right hand heavenward and said: O God, bless Poland, bless priests. Then she addressed me once again: Tell the priests what you have seen. I resolved that at the first opportunity...I would tell; but I myself can make nothing of this vision. (1585)


I Am the Mother of God of Priests
Prayer from St. Faustina’s Diary
(St. Faustina’s Diary #1585)
I Am the Mother of God of Priests
Let us pray:
O my Jesus, I beg You on behalf of the whole Church:
Grant it love and the light of Your Spirit, and give power to the words of Priests so that hardened hearts might be brought to repentance and return to You, O Lord.
Lord, give us holy Priests; You yourself maintain them in holiness.
O Divine and Great High Priest, may the power of Your mercy accompany them everywhere and protect them from the devil's traps and snares which are continually being set for the souls of Priests.
May the power of Your mercy, O Lord, shatter and bring to naught all that might tarnish the sanctity of Priests, for You can do all things. Amen.
(St. Faustina’s Diary #1052)

A big mahalo to Jackie for sharing this on her blog.