Friday, December 6, 2013

Pray for Fr. Tim Otman


Fr. Tim Otman, a Benedictine priest of Mary, Spouse of the Holy Spirit Monastery in Wailua, passed yesterday, December 5, 2013, at 5:19 p.m. He received the Body of Christ an hour before leaving our earthly home. Fr. Tim died of natural cause. He was 92.

We pray for the repose of his soul. He was a good man and priest. We were greatly blessed by his presence and service to the the church.

I praise God for the opportunity to have known Fr. Tim, whom I had the chance to visit several times. A good family in Wailua took care of him for several months until his peaceful death. Sr. Mary Jo, my children and I brought him Holy Communion a few months ago, prayed with him, and sang him a song of Mary. He had a beautiful smile on his face as we were singing, which was not a surprise to us because he had a special love of and devotion to Mary. At another time I brought him chocolates. He was not strong enough to feed himself, so I had the privilege of feeding him his favorite food! What wonderful memories I had of him! --  mainly of laughter and joy. For that I praise God!

Mahalo for your prayers for Fr. Tim! Please keep the Benedictines in your prayers.