Wednesday, October 12, 2011

On Criticism of Priests

The following is taken from the prayer book Pieta This is Our Lord's revelations to Mutter Vogel.

"One should NEVER attack a priest, even when he's in error, rather one should pray and do penance that I'll grant him My grace again. He alone fully represents Me, even when he doesn't live after My example!"

"When a Priest falls we should extend him a helping hand through prayer and not through attacks! I Myself will be his judge, no one but I!"

"Whoever voices judgment over a priest has voiced it over me; Child, never let a priest be attacked, take up his defense."
(Feast of Christ the King 1937)

"Child, Never judge your confessor, rather pray much for him and offer every THURSDAY, through the hands of My blessed Mother, Holy Communion [for him]. (18.6. 1939)

"Never again accept an out-of-the-way word about a Priest, and speak no unkind word (about them) EVEN IF IT WERE TRUE! Every Priest is My Vicar and My heart will be sickened and insulted because of it! If you hear a judgment [against a Priest] pray a HAIL MARY."
(28. 6. 1939)

"If you see a Priest who celebrates the Holy Mass unworthily then say nothing about him, rather tell it to Me alone! I stand beside Him on the alter!"

"Oh pray much for my priests, that they'll love purity above all, that they'll celebrate the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass with pure hands and heart. Certainly the Holy Sacrifice is one and the same even when it's celebrated by an unworthy priest, but the graces called down upon the people is not the same!" (28. 2. 1938)


The Cure' D' Ars said:

"One ought to pray earnestly, especially at the Ember Seasons, that God will give us good priests. If they are saints, what good they are able to do! But, whatever they are, never speak against them."