Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy 25th Anniversary Father Gordy!


Photo Source

Father Gordian Carvalho,  pastor of the Manoa Punahou Catholic Community, celebrates the 25th anniversary of his ordination.

Happy Anniversary Father Gordy.  You are a true inspiration and a true model of a Catholic priest.  May God bless you always.

Anniversary of Ordination

Most loving Jesus, today is the anniversary of the day on which, despite my unworthiness and through your goodness, You conferred on me the dignity of the priesthood. You made me not only your minister but the voice of your sublime wisdom as well, and the dispenser of your mysteries. My soul is filled with joy, love, and gratitude for this singular privilege which I have received. At the same time, I am sad and troubled for having so often, and without reason, failed to respond as I ought to your great generosity.

I beg the continual assistance of your infinite goodness which will enable me to accomplish the sublime work for which You have commissioned me. With your light in my mind and your strength in my heart I shall daily dispense in greater abundance the fruits of your redemption to all people. Amen.
Prayer Source