"When men want to destroy religion, they begin attacking the priest." - St. John Vianney
Year of the Priests - Prayers for Priests
• Pray for priests daily and especially before the Blessed Sacrament.
• Offer a Spiritual Bouquet for your parish priest and priests throughout the world.
- Make a commitment for a certain number of rosaries, chaplets, masses or hours of adoration.
- A specific number of days of fasting or abstaining from some particular food or activity.
- An offering of the sufferings or sacrifices you make in your daily life or work, for a particular week or month
or other period of time.
- An offering of the merits of a particular type of charitable or apostolic work that you perfo
• Pray for vocations to the Priesthood, Deaconate and Religious life
• Read about the vital role of priests in the life of the Catholic Church.
• Send a priest a thank you card for his dedication, sacrifice and ministry to your faith.
• Read about priests who shaped our Church and the world.
• Study the life of St. John Vianney, the Curé of Ars, who will be named patron saint
of the world’s priests during the jubilee year.
• Volunteer at your parish to support and encourage your parish priest
• Invite your priest to dinner to thank him for all he has done for you and your family