Thursday, December 6, 2012

Holy gratitude for holy priests


"The life of a priest is an Advent
bringing forth the Incarnation of souls."
 
 
Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity

Let us generously remember our priests in daily prayer.
  
Each day when I attend Mass, as the priest kisses the altar I pray in particular gratitude for that priest and that he will have a deeper, personal encounter with Christ at that Mass. Also - when the water is added to the wine before the Consecration, I offer particular prayer for seminarians discerning the priesthood and transitional Deacons approaching Ordination - I echo a prayer of Jesus, "Ephphatha" (Be opened).~ Janette

When and how do you pray for our priests?
(I will include responses in an upcoming post during Advent.)
 
 
This Eucharistic Reflection is archived.