Friday, March 12, 2010

Chrism Mass on Oahu

This year's Chrism Mass is very special to me for many special reasons. My two older children altar served, my husband and I and our three other children sang in the choir, and we all got to do the offertory as a family (must thank Jonila Kim!). I felt so honored doing that for our Most High Priest Jesus Christ!

Equally important is the presence of our bishop, Bishop Larry Silva, and all our priests. They, who are my Spiritual Sons and who are Esther's Spiritual Sons also, renewed their priestly vows before the congregation. I cannot tell you what a joy that was! I was so proud of our bishop and priests at the altar, all looking distinguished and radiant with Christ's light!

Praise our Lord for his priests who serve us tirelessly and unselfishly!

Here are some of the pictures I took from the choir loft:


Preparation of oils







Blessing of the oils





Communion



Receiving of blessed oils by a couple from Neumann Center


Leavetaking